Skip To The Main Content

History

western union telegram
AGIE article
7286-8B
  

Royal Die & Stamping was originally located at 1801 North Fairfield in Chicago, IL. Established in 1938 by Ole Jensen, the company mainly produced stampings for radio and television sets. In 1953, Royal Die moved to Bensenville, Illinois which was originally a 557 square meter facility on Green Street. At that time, management had the foresight to purchase the surrounding seven acres of property that stood next to the existing facility.

After moving to Bensenville, RDS grew from 557 to 7246 square meters through a series of expansions. In 2013, Royal Die moved to its current state-of-the-art, 48768 square meter facility located in the Chicagoland area and just 26 KM west of O'Hare International Airport.

In 2017 Industrial Growth Partners, in partnership with management, acquired Royal Die & Stamping (RDS).


CHRONOLOGY

2017

On April 21, 2017, Industrial Growth Partners V, L.P., acquired RDS, marking the fourth platform investment for IGP's fifth fund.The transaction creates a platform for RDS to accelerate growth in the global automotive market, expand into adjacent markets and pursue selective global acquisition opportunities.

2013
New 14864 square meter facility opens in Carol Stream, IL.

2005

Added 1951 square meters to Bensenville, IL facility.

1999
Tool Room and Design Department expand to add 372 square meters.

1995
2044 square meters added to facility.

1989
Telecom & Automotive Customers Added | Augat, Ford Motor Company, Prestolite, Reliable Electric
650 square meters added to facility.

1972
Electronics Customers Added | Dally, Method Electronics
Added  1115 square meters of production space.

1969
Warehouse Addition

1958
Tool Room expanded by 223 square meters.

1953
RDS moves to Bensenville, IL

1938
Company Founded
Radio & TV Element Production for Panasonic, RCA, Zenith